Employment Opportunities | Allied Wellness Center
Mural artists: Chris Morton and Mary Morton; photos courtesy of the Allied Learning Center
Community Health Worker Program Manager: 1.0 FTE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in outreach and partnership development/maintenance
Team leader skills including effective supervisory experiences
- Meeting facilitation
- Recording program information/data for reporting purposes
- Assessing and adjusting team (individual and collective) performance
- Spanish fluent (verbal and written)
- CHW certified (CHW manager certification) Free Training available.
Three years paid experience in a supervisory role. Education Minimum Preferred– Bachelor’s Degree in health care or related field
Position summary:The CHW Program Manager is a critical member of the Allied Wellness Center management structure. This person will inspire, organize and model exceptional knowledge and insight about Allied assets including health and wellness priorities. They will lead a team of Community Health Workers and be expected to create and navigate partnerships with representatives from different service sectors. Allied Wellness Center will expect the Program Manager to attend training on supervision and other related skills to ensure professional development and benefit.
Supervise salaried and non-salaried CHWs (includes clinical and administrative)
- Bi-weekly supervision for part- and half-time CHWs
- Weekly supervision with full-time CHWS
- Convene weekly group/team meeting of CHWs
- Contribute service and leadership to all CHW-related events/activities (e.g. COVID clinics, health fairs, and Allied Fresh food distribution)
Collaboratively assess need and plan educational training opportunities for CHWs
Outreach and Engagement
- Develop outreach plans and materials including goals, timelines and strategies for correction/enhancement
- Partners with social service and health care sector partners in Allied and the greater Madison community
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with representatives from the major health care systems serving Allied residents
- Contributes to Grant Writing based on assessment of Community needs and needs of the CHW Program.
Develops and oversees community partnerships that support the work of CHWs such as with Volunteer Community Health Professionals or Academic Programs such as The Grow Program or the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health.
- Collects data from CHWs and collates data into reports
- Contributes to the design of data collection tools and reports for the Allied Board of Directors and funders
- Ensures client files maintained and updated appropriately
- 100% FTE, 40 hours per week. 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the Community Health Worker Program.
- Salaried position of $60,000 per year. Health care benefits not available at this time.
- 2 weeks paid vacation as well as major paid holidays. Paid time off between Christmas and New Years.
Training, Development and Employee Wellness
- We value and prioritize employee wellness and are exploring partnerships to provide wellness opportunities to all of our employees.
- We will provide CHW Manager Training from Milwaukee AHEC, as well as many other Sfree continuing education/training opportunities.
- We offer one hour of paid personal time per week.
APPLICATIONS DUE: January 31st by 5pm. Please send cover letter, resume and any inquiries to Leslie McAllister firstname.lastname@example.org, Board Chair, Allied Wellness Center.